Accountant -- Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Accountant will be responsible for the review and reconciliation between field office accounts and local banks with US financials. In addition, s/he will provide support with the rollout of Microsoft Dynamics software to field offices.
- Assist with implementation of best practices for accounting policies and procedures within field offices;
- Review and assist with monthly reconciliations of field office accounts;
- Responsible for reviewing field office bank reconciliations and research unidentified items;
- Communicate with field offices to ensure timely resolution of accounting issues;
- Review and analyze field offices accounting report (FOAR) transactions worksheet, prepare journal entry and post all field office transactions into US general ledger; monitor the accuracy and details of foreign transactions;
- Systemic review of field office expenses and receipts to ensure high integrity of documentation practices and quality internal control in accordance with Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures;
- Assist with annual audit, local audit, and grants audit;
- Review cash flow payment requests from local field offices;
- Assist with training and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics rollout to field offices;
- Facilitate various accounting needs related to the Microsoft Dynamics rollout for different departments;
- Provide support to the Accounting Managers on the monthly closing process as needed;
- Assist the Accounting Manager with monthly review and reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Serve as back up for monthly corporate card review and processing;
- Support work with outside auditors and accountants as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 2-5 years relevant experience; non-profit sector experience a plus;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting system software, expertise in Excel and Microsoft Dynamic software a plus;
- Have a keen interest in foreign accounting, policies and procedures.
- Spanish language skills a plus; and
- Ability to multitask in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway 28th Floor, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; E-mail: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.