Assistant, Government & Multilateral Grants
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Assistant, Government & Multilateral Grants will be responsible for developing proposals, concept papers, and reports for government and multilateral agencies, and coordinating their timely submission. S/he will keep abreast of government and multilateral programs and funding opportunities globally, research potential grant opportunities, and help develop donor strategies. S/he will also interface with program and administrative staff to vet opportunities and gather high-quality programmatic, financial, and compliance information for grant applications. This position will also provide support to program and other Development staff in meetings, negotiations and interactions with government and multilateral donors worldwide, and will participate in networking events and conferences in Washington, DC.
- Write, adapt and edit proposals, letters, and concept papers for existing and new international field projects and programs;
- Research and keep apprised of multilateral and government funding programs and opportunities in the international development, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation arena;
- Assist Director with overall strategy on government and multilateral funding, focusing on diversifying our funding sources;
- Support Development and Program staff in meeting preparation and scheduling process, including creating detailed profiles, writing follow-up memos, and tracking follow-up tasks;
- Participate in telephone and in-person donor meetings when appropriate;
- Represent the organization at networking events and conferences as appropriate;
- Provide backup support with administrative tasks on an as needed basis, such as when large proposals require complex attachments or supporting paperwork; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus;
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in fundraising or international development, with experience writing professional documents for external audiences;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with proposal writing experience required;
- Knowledge of/experience with government and multilateral funding mechanisms, and/or working in an international environment highly preferred;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish preferred, additional language skills a plus;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependable, with keen attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12702171. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.