Assistant, Major Gifts
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Assistant, Major Gifts will be responsible for supporting the Director of Individual Giving and the Major Gifts team with administrative tasks. S/he will assist with all areas related to the major gifts program including research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment of gifts from individuals, will support the Director of Individual Giving in the management of the Individual Giving program, and will provide customer service for Rainforest Alliance members.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director, Individual Giving including scheduling, drafting correspondence and meeting and travel arrangements, and general administrative support to the Major Gifts team;
- Process all gifts from Major Donors; communicate gift purpose with finance department; send acknowledgement letters and premiums; schedule relevant follow-up activities for other team members;
- Update donor files and database with correspondence, cultivation strategy and meeting planning information;
- Execute donor mailings including appeals, renewals, acquisition letter, correspondence and acknowledgement letters; pull queries and organize exports in preparation for mailings as needed;
- Support frontline fundraising:generate profiles, talking points, packets and any other additional materials as requested;
- Coordinate with Prospect Researcher and provide additional research assistance, when necessary;
- Pull reports from database; maintain major gift achievement and forecasting reports;
- Track expenses for the Major Gifts team for budget reconciliation; process vendor payments as necessary;
- Organize and maintain in-house stock of paper products for mailings, premiums for donors and meetings, and electronic and printed cultivation materials;
- Recruit and supervise interns, as required;
- Correspond with donors via telephone to assist with contributions and follow up oncall solicitations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years of professional experience;
- Must have excellent writing skills, including ability to write to different audiences;
- Excellent research skills;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience/knowledge of international environment and/or community development issues preferred; and
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines; ability to follow directions and work independently.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15052861. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.