Assistant, Sustainable Value Chains
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
Sustainable Value Chains (SVC) is the market-facing arm of the Sustainable Agriculture unit and works with 3000+ companies globally to increase demand for crops grown on Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. It builds markets for certified products by facilitating market linkages between companies, traders and producers. Products grown in a Rainforest Alliance Certified farm can be sold as Rainforest Alliance Certified and carry the Rainforest Alliance green frog seal on the pack. The SVC team coordinates with various programs of the Rainforest Alliance, to guide companies on the different processes and protocols to sell certified products, including licensing agreements, assisting companies scale up plans for certified products and reviewing and approving products for the use of the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President, Sustainable Markets and the Sustainable Value Chains team based in Europe. S/he will be highly motivated, well organized and disciplined ensuring that all functions are carried out in an accurate, professional and timely manner and in accordance with Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and conference participation;
- Coordinate meeting preparation, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas, materials preparation and follow-up;
- Ensure contacts and meeting notes are circulated and filed according to the team's requirements;
- Arrange for flights, hotels, travel visas and other travel arrangements for team members as required;
- Generate expense reports for cash reimbursements and monthly corporate credit card invoices for the Sustainable Value Chains team members in Europe;
- Tracking and monitoring department spending against multiple projects;
- Assist in development of presentations using PowerPoint, and maintain an inventory of existing presentations;
- Prepare monthly reports of the teams activities for internal and external distribution;
- Support team in gathering and collating quantitative and qualitative data for use in internal and external reporting;
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and marketing events;
- Provide general administrative support, including correspondence, fielding and placing calls, photocopying, facilitating and recording meetings and other departmental organization needs; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree required, preferably in marketing or communications;
- 1-2 years of office administration or internship/work experience;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Internet);
- Exceptional written and spoken English; knowledge of French or another second European language preferred;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive and positive attitude;
- Knowledge of and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices; and
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes of materials for events.
Commensurate with experience.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the UK.
Send CV, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AT; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.