Business Training Manager
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Business Training Manager will provide expertise to design, develop and globally roll-out a strategy to provide capacity building activities for farmers/producers, SMEs/cooperatives, Rainforest Alliance staff and partners, and financial institutions. Training will be in subjects designed to increase bankability, financial literacy, business skills, internal management systems and access to finance for producers and SMEs.
- Develop financial training material tailored to the training needs of identified parties;
- Develop specialized training materials to support financial product innovation;
- Provide Train the Trainer training for Rainforest Alliance staff and partners and financial institutions;
- Develop appropriate M&E systems to measure results and impact;
- Oversee training activities of Regional Business Advisors and consultant’s scope of works;
- Support development of project ideas and proposals;
- Support publication of materials online and in print;
- Advise on Rainforest Alliance standards and development of tools for certified producers as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
May supervise staff. S/he will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Education: BA, BS Degree or equivalent;
- 7 - 10 years in smallholder and SME business training;
- Experience developing training methodology, tools and materials for smallholder producers and SMEs;
- Portfolio of methodology, tools and materials for smallholder and SME business training;
- Experience supporting training project design, development and proposals;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish required;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues, sustainability practices and access to finance challenges;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint; and
- Ability to travel globally a minimum of 20 percent per year.
Commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Calle Matías Romero 216, 5o piso- 502, Col. Del Valle, Del. Benito Juárez, México, D.F., C.P. 03100; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.