Communications & Media Outreach Assistant
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Communications and Marketing Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Communications and Marketing team worldwide, including general correspondence meeting support and reporting. She/he will also provide support to the global Media Outreach and North American marketing teams to help support global outreach and marketing efforts.
Monitor the general email inbox, responding or redirecting emails as appropriate;
- Maintain documents, wikis, calendars, etc. on the Communications and Marketing SharePoint site;
- Maintain shared resources on SharePoint;
- Keep the Rainforest Alliance PowerPoint and SharePoint Communications FAQ updated and refreshed with new information drawn from reports, studies, etc.
- Handle payment requests for US Communications;
- Schedule and organize meetings for division staff and compile and disseminate meeting notes;
- Compile communications updates for reports;
- Orient new hires on Communications guidelines and resources and maintain up-to-date orientation materials;
- Maintain New York office inventory of print and video materials and archive files;
- Print, compile and mail material (annual reports, newsletters, etc);
- Answer general communications inquiries from staff;
- Provide support and research for division’s marketing and outreach efforts, events and campaigns;
- Compile monthly media coverage report;
- Help identify blog and Twitter posts that require responses and assist with coordinating responses; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field required;
- 1-2 years of experience handling administrative tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; other language skills a plus
- Excellent organizational and research skills and attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, graphic design programs, etc.);
- Familiarity with biodiversity conservation issues a plus;
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus;
- Dependability, diplomacy and ability to work independently; and
- Self-motivated, ability to juggle responsibilities, enthusiasm for the issue and a sense of humor.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9678411. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.