Coordinator, IT Helpdesk -- Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Coordinator, IT Helpdesk, will act as a first point of contact for tickets coming in through the IT Helpdesk Portal and will be responsible for resolving them in a timely and efficient manner. S/he will provide superior customer service to internal users and provide support in troubleshooting various systems and hardware related matters. S/he will be responsible for troubleshooting issues which include but are not limited to, Windows 7 laptops (hardware & software), Office 365, network printers, VoIP, and OS imaging.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware;
- Respond to queries through email, in-person or over the phone in a timely and efficient manner;
- Conduct appropriate analysis to troubleshoot problems and determine the nature of the problem;
- Walk customer through problem-solving process and ensure proper follow up with customers to confirm issue has been resolved;
- Create training manuals; provide training to users;
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software; perform computer cleanup;
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems;
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems;
- Install computer peripherals for users;
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage;
- Run reports to determine malfunction issues; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Systems or Computer Engineering or related degree;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional work environment;
- Experience working with end users and system developers to identify system needs and experience
- conducting system and report design preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working third party support vendors;
- Expert level technical knowledge of current protocols and standards for operating systems, networking and telephony, including Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and MAC;
- Strong experience with mobile device technology and solutions;
- Demonstrated knowledge level experience with Microsoft Office 365 and desktop environment;
- Experience in providing hands-on IT customer support;
- Exceptional communication, motivation, presentation and training skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills preferred; and
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7941181. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.