Deputy Director, IT -- Finance & Administration
The Deputy Director will work closely with the Director, Knowledge Management & IT to provide strategic support in the identification, design, planning, and implementation of technological solutions for the organization. S/he will oversee Rainforest Alliance’s application and system management to ensure solutions employed by the organization function optimally and are conducted in a coordinated and harmonized fashion with other organizational IT efforts. The Deputy Director will also be responsible for overseeing the Salesforce and SharePoint systems for the organization. In addition, s/he will lead the organization’s ongoing SharePoint migration effort, to ensure a seamless and efficient transition.
- Provide strategic, hands on support -- building, maintenance, usage -- for existing systems built upon MS Dynamics SL, Salesforce, SharePoint, and Luminate;
- Work closely with the Director, Knowledge Management & IT to provide leadership, guidance and support on pending projects such as traceability, donor management, and impact indicators, from planning, design and budgeting to solution delivery;
- Oversee ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting, configuration/customization, and integration of systems;
- Ensure the full utilization of existing systems and tools, and seek out, research and recommend new ones;
- Work closely with the Director, Knowledge Managemet & IT to develop work plans and budget for IT;
- Provide overall oversight of SharePoint migration and guide requirements gathering and solution design; s/he will also function in a hands-on role as required;
- Lead and manage SharePoint customization and development, integrate with existing tools and systems;
- Manage, mentor and develop staff;
- Proactively form and maintain relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Select and manage outside vendors, consultants and contractors; and
- Update and maintain relevant policies, procedures, tools and training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field required;
- 10 years’ professional experience in Information Technology management, strategy and planning, and knowledge management and infrastructure;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are required;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint;
- Skilled with Salesforce system;
- Strong problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others;
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required timeframe;
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment;
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically;
- Ability to influence and manage up and down the organization;
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies; and
- Written and verbal language proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- This position will manage employees; and
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway 28th Floor, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; E-mail: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.