The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Development Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Development Database Administrator and the Membership team with all Administrative tasks. S/he will perform data updates and maintain integrity in Development’s donor database, and provide customer service for Rainforest Alliance members.
- Update donor database with new records and make changes to existing records;
- Add gifts to donor database and prepare and fulfill acknowledgements;
- Assist in the import process for uploading large sets of data into database;
- Ensure data integrity by regularly de-duplicating records and addressing any synchronization issues between multiple databases;
- Assist with report building for various development teams, including financial and campaign performance reports;
- Fulfill membership services by answer phone calls from members, managing Membership’s email inbox, and responding to written correspondences from members;
- Coordinate premium fulfillment program for members;
- Oversee registration and maintain Rainforest Alliance’s profile for workplace giving campaigns, matching gift programs and donor advised funds;
- Help fulfill solicitation and stewardship mailings for all Development teams when they are produced in-house; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years of administrative experience, minimum of 1 year fundraising experience with demonstrated experience in database administration or membership preferred;
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Access, Excel, and Internet);
- Knowledge of database management and/or donor tracking software preferred (knowledge of Luminate CRM or Salesforce a plus);
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required;
- Must have exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Must be a self-starter with ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively; and
- Requires a willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9678631. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.