The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
This position will assist the Executive Vice President (EVP) in all aspects of his/her responsibilities, including but not limited to, administrative management, meeting coordination, and logistics related to board meetings and retreats.
- Maintain EVP’s calendar and appointments by scheduling meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and travel;
- Coordinate meeting and webinar preparation for the EVP, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up and assistance in tracking implementation of follow-up;
- Assist in preparation of monthly staff meetings for and with various business units including communications with staff, coordinating logistics, materials preparation, and any necessary follow up;
- Record, share and file meeting reports;
- Translate data into effective and usable information including graphs and other forms of visual presentation;
- Generate expense reports for cash reimbursements and monthly American Express statements for EVP;
- Assist in the preparation of presentations;
- Manage EVP’s phone calls and contact information;
- Conserve EVP’s time by reading and routing correspondence; and
- Provide general administrative support including filing, fielding calls, faxing/copying, ordering supplies.
- Coordinate the scheduling, logistics and preparation of all Board meetings and retreats, including assembling and mailing pre-board meeting materials;
- Prepare meeting minutes at all board and select committee meetings;
- Ensure timely follow up from all Board and select committee meetings;
- Schedule meeting with and for Board members as required;
- Maintain board website, paper and electronic files for Board members and prospects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Minimum of 4 years administrative experience; non-profit and program experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required;
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of diplomacy and professionalism;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences; and
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8979161. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.