The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
This position will assist the Vice President, Development in all aspects of her responsibilities. The position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President, but will also support Directors in the Development team on select administrative matters and be involved in ad-hoc projects and organization-wide activities as assigned.
- Maintain Vice President’s calendar and appointments by scheduling meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and travel;
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting preparation for Vice President, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence;
- Assist in preparation of monthly staff meetings including communications with staff, coordinating logistics, materials preparation, in addition to meeting follow up and taking minutes;
- Record, share and file meeting reports;
- Generate expense reports for cash reimbursements and monthly American Express statements for Vice President and Directors;
- Assist in the preparation of presentations;
- Manage Vice President’s phone calls and contact information;
- Conserve Vice President’s time by reading and routing correspondence;
- Maintain the supply of promotional items for Vice President’s use;
- Provide general administrative support including filing, fielding calls, faxing/copying, ordering supplies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience, 5-7 years preferred; non-profit and program experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required;
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of diplomacy and professionalism;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences; and
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=13518821. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.