Finance Coordinator, Sustainable Agriculture
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for the financial needs of two IDH-funded projects in implementation in Asia and conduct project-specific administrative tasks. S/he will monitor and report on the financial health of these projects, ensure their financial functions are carried out and provide the assigned Sustainable Agriculture project managers with regular updates on the project’s fiscal health. S/he will conduct the work in compliance with finance, contracts and administrative requirements as established by Rainforest Alliance Headquarters (HQ) and the funding body, IDH. S/he will work under the supervision of the Agriculture Finance Manager and coordinates closely with project staff.
- Prepare all payment requests related to the relevant IDH projects ensuring financial coding, supporting documentation and approvals are accurate for A/R processing – these include payments to vendors, consultants & subrecipients;
- Facilitate and coordinate administrative functions related to vendor, consultant & sub award agreements using appropriate Rainforest Alliance templates and in accordance with Rainforest Alliance procedures and donor requirements; coordinate with project and agreement support staff as required;
- Update the financial “project pipelines” on a monthly basis using the tools and data available at Rainforest Alliance, coordinate closely with the project managers to make sure the most relevant financial data is included;
- Monitor expenses and revenues to ensure that the projects do not overspend available revenue and that restricted funds are used according to donor requirements;
- Oversee periodic budgeting revision processes according to the donor’s project planning procedures; coordinate with the Finance Manager as needed;
- Assist in the annual Rainforest Alliance budget process for Sustainable Agriculture and specifically lead the budget process for the two IDH projects;
- Ensure that project activities are carried out according to the restrictions and requirements of the funding source, such as procurement requirements, travel guidelines, etc.;
- Train project staff, consultants and implementing partners in the restrictions and requirements of the funding source;
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic financial reports and reimbursement requests to donors in close coordination with the program managers and Finance Manager;
- Organize and maintain records on project information and materials; upload relevant reports & project documents to the Salesforce and SharePoint databases and use proper naming conventions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance, information systems, operations, grants management or related field, or comparable work experience;
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial support functions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in Bahasa;
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Office and Internet);
- IDH, World Bank, or United Nations projects experience in any related field a plus;
- Knowledge of typical donor restrictions (particularly on cost allowability) a plus;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Willing to travel internationally (on average, once a year).
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Jl. Tantular Barat No. 88, Denpasar – Bali, Indonesia 80114; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.