Financial Literacy Trainer
This consultancy will contribute to a financial literacy project that seeks to deliver training in financial and business skills and management to farmers, through individual and organizational training approaches. The project will be implemented in Kenya and in Guatemala, and builds on the extensive experience of RA in training on agricultural best practices for productivity.
Consultant of Firm Scope of Work Summary:
The Consultant or Firm will provide expertise for capacity building activities aimed at improving financial literacy for farmers, by training trainers and farmers in basic financial literacy skills, providing feedback on training material content, and documenting financial literacy training needs and indicators.
Deliver a work plan addressing the following aspects of the training design:
- Adaptation of training material to Kenyan context, as necessary;
- Diagnostic of training needs among select target group through meetings with group administrator and farmers; and
- How consultant will document changes to farmers’ record-keeping practices & financial training needs of farmers.
- Conduct approximately 16 workshops for farmers on financial literacy and record-keeping skills, including training of extension officers, Farmer Field School facilitators and lead farmers;
- Document and provide M&E for completed training activities;
- Document changes in farmers’ record-keeping practices & financial training needs of farmers by collecting relevant indicators during training workshops; and
- Coordinate with implementing partners and regional staff to define workshop agendas.
It is expected that the Consultant or Firm will have demonstrable experience in capacity building and training of adults in agriculture, farm management, basic finance, business management, or related fields; experience within NGOs and in tropical countries. Specifically:
- First-hand knowledge of the concepts of sustainable agriculture; knowledge of the tea, and/or coffee sectors preferred;
- Understanding of business and value chains and experience in working with producer organizations and/or factories as well as farmers;
- Familiarity with smallholder finance and credit issues;
- Portfolio of available financial literacy training curricula is a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language required; Kiswahili preferred;
- Ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals required;
- Strong organizational and logistical skills to manage training agendas and related travel in a time sensitive manner required;
- Knowledge of and commitment to environmental and socio-economic issues and sustainability practices; and
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally as needed for consultancy.
E-mail: email@example.com. Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, title of consultancy in which you are interested. Please include:
- A cover letter addressing consultant experience, availability, consultancy rate(s); the letter should be no longer than two pages;
- A list of previous engagements; and
- Updated CV.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.