Manager, Major Gifts
- Washington State
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Manager, Major Gifts, will create and implement a strategy for developing Rainforest Alliance’s presence among individual donors in California, particularly Northern California, and the Pacific North West. Working with the NY-based Major Gifts team, and in coordination with senior leadership, he/she will manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects with an annual giving capacity of 5,000 to 100,000.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, develop, review and implement strategy for increased donor awareness in California and the Pacific Northwest, with a focus on Northern California;
- Establish priority donor targets, strategies and outreach activities;
- Manage existing portfolio of donors while identifying new prospects;
- Cultivate, solicit and steward approximately 50 donors and 75 prospects;
- In conjunction with Special Events, design and execute appropriate cultivation and fundraising events;
- Build awareness by representing Rainforest Alliance at relevant conferences and events;
- Prepare President, Executive Vice President, senior staff, and board members for meetings with relevant donors, as appropriate;
- Write proposals and reports for relevant donors;
- Maintain accurate donor information through database (Salesforce); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience;
- Proven track record of closing solicitations with donors at the 10,000 – 50,000+ level;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to sustainability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Dependability and ability to work independently;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time; and
- Experience with fundraising database systems – Salesforce preferred.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9412801. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.