Marketing Manager, Communications & Marketing
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Marketing Manager will work with staff and creative firms retained by collaborating businesses to raise awareness of the Rainforest Alliance in North America. He/she will cultivate and support relationships with businesses that sell Rainforest Alliance Certified products, provide strategic and tactical support to campaigns and marketing initiatives, and ensure that the Rainforest Alliance brand is well understood and integrated into company messaging.
- In collaboration with the Director, Communications & Marketing and the Markets team, he/she will establish Rainforest Alliance’s marketing priorities, strategies, and tactics in North America;
- Meet regularly with North American companies and their retained agencies to encourage and guide their promotion of sustainability, their relationship with Rainforest Alliance, and their understanding and adoption of our brand messaging;
- Ensure company campaigns and promotions related to Rainforest Alliance and Rainforest Alliance certification are accurate;
- Manage content of the marketing section on the Rainforest Alliance website to ensure that it serves as an effective company resource;
- Produce presentations, toolkits and other print and online materials that creatively communicate the value of Rainforest Alliance and sustainability;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance and present at sustainability-themed conferences and tradeshows;
- Collect, review and appropriately distribute relevant marketing studies, research and data; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervise Marketing Coordinator. This position may manage additional employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field required;
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience with a company, agency and/or organization;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to concepts underlying sustainability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and research skills and attention to detail;
- Team player;
- Dependability, diplomacy and ability to work independently; and
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9205461. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document when uploading.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.