Project Specialist (Asia Pacific) Consultant
The Consultant will assist the Director, Program Implementation with the implementation of agriculture field projects in Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines by coordinating with regional staff and field based implementing partners and consultants. S/he also provides support for project administration, monitoring of progress, reporting, and donor relationship management. The consultancy will assist in the day-to-day operations of the region.
Duties and Responsibilities upon which a specific work plan and deliverables schedule will be developed include:
- Coordinate agreed to portfolio of projects or sub-parts of projects ensuring deliverables are met and budgetary execution is according to work plans;
- Prepare donor reports as per contractual commitments and administer relationships with donors as needed;
- Coordinate with Rainforest Alliance’s implementing partners and consultants on agreement on scope of work and subsequent deliverables in the region as needed; support their work with farmers groups and other stakeholders through providing information and guidance, and ensure that they have the necessary personnel, tools, materials and financial resources; manage subgrants and/or consulting agreements according to Rainforest Alliance’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Economic/Business Development or related field; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in project management including in managing budgets; project management experience within NGOs and in tropical countries preferred;
- First-hand knowledge of the concepts of sustainable agriculture; knowledge of the coffee, cocoa, tea, spices and/or palm oil sectors preferred;
- Understanding of business and value chains and experience in working with companies as well as farmers;
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with remote RA staff and implementing partners in developing countries;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language required; Bahasa Indonesia preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals required;
- Strong computer skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets and presentations);
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational management and development skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner required;
- Knowledge of and commitment to environmental and socio-economic issues and sustainability practices; and
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed for consultancy.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.