The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative and operational support to the Rainforest Alliance’s Quillabamba office. S/he will be responsible for handling reception, providing strong customer service to Rainforest Alliance staff and visitors from other institutions or organizations. S/he will also maintain office equipment and order supplies as necessary, as well as research office equipment and product prices.
- Oversee the security premises in the entrance, welcome visitors, and manage correspondence and distribution thereof;
- Answer incoming and outgoing calls, distribute messages;
- Organize and prepare conference calls;
- Coordinate the availability and use of meeting rooms and coffee breaks for meetings;
- Maintain physical files of all correspondence, reports and other office documents;
- Maintain information lists (phone numbers, emergency cards, directory, etc.) and management of paper and electronic files;
- Assist in the coordination of travel for Rainforest Alliance staff and visitors when necessary;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of business events and celebrations;
- Receive vendor invoices and prepare payment requests for administrative expenses;
- Coordinate all aspects related to the preparation of meetings, including communications with relevant personnel, logistics, agendas and preparation of materials, as well as logistical support in coordinating workshops;
- Track maintenance needs of office equipment (i.e. printers, copier and fax machines stocked with toner and paper) and work with the Office Coordinator, Peru for specific IT needs;
- Provide staff with procurement support, including research for product (e.g. furniture, equipment, supplies, etc.) prices, ordering and handling purchases;
- Assist with the coordination of travel, expense reports, photocopies, and general administrative support; Manage petty cash for office expenses; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Accounting is preferred;
- 1-3 years of administrative work experience in an office setting;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in Spanish;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc.);
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently;
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Dependability and good organizational skills necessary; and
- Ability to be responsive to staff and organizational needs with minimal supervision.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Peru will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance email: email@example.com please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.