Special Events Volunteer
Location: Rainforest Alliance Headquarters 233 Broadway, 28th Floor New York, NY 10279
The Rainforest Alliance needs help preparing for our largest and most exciting event, the annual gala on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. The gala celebrates individuals and companies that have made significant strides towards building a more sustainable world. Funds raised at this event support the multitude of conservation programs of the Rainforest Alliance. There also may be opportunities to volunteer for other projects in addition to the gala.
How You Can Help:
Volunteer activities may include:
- Strategizing new ideas for auction and gift bag donations;
- Soliciting auction and gift bag item donations via telephone and internet;
- Assisting with mailings;
- Creating auction displays;
- Assisting with auction set up at the event venue; and
- Assembling gift bags.
How We Hope To Help You:
At the Rainforest Alliance, we value the time you devote to help us achieve our goals. In giving your time to our organization, we hope you will also gain valuable skills and networks.
Here are some of the benefits of working with us to host a successful gala:
- Pick up basic skills in event planning and fundraising;
- Meet new people who share your passion for the environment;
- Learn how to organize and help run a silent auction; and
- Learn more about the Rainforest Alliance’s conservation programs, certification and sustainable livelihoods.
Time Commit and Other Requirements:
Volunteers are needed from September 2015 through May 2016. Volunteer meetings are held one to two times a month at our headquarters in New York City, from 6-8pm.
There will also be some opportunities to volunteer outside of these meetings, either during the day or work that can be done from home. Though hours may vary, you can anticipate between 2 to 8 hours per month. First-time volunteers must also attend a one-hour orientation in October.
We are looking for volunteers who are energetic, dynamic, outgoing individuals willing to help the Rainforest Alliance further its mission. Volunteers should also be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and should be comfortable with internet research.
Sign Up Now! Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line Special Events volunteer.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.