Special Events Volunteer
The Rainforest Alliance needs help preparing for our largest and most exciting event, the annual gala on Wednesday, May 13, 2015. The gala celebrates individuals and companies that have made great strides in sustainability. Funds raised at this event support the conservation programs of the Rainforest Alliance. There also may be opportunities to volunteer for other projects in addition to the gala.
How You Can Help:
Volunteer activities may include:
- Strategizing new ideas for auction and gift bag donations;
- Soliciting auction and gift bag item donations via telephone and internet;
- Assisting with mailings;
- Creating auction displays;
- Assisting with auction set up at the event venue; and
- Assembling gift bags.
How We Hope To Help You:
At the Rainforest Alliance, we value the time you devote to help us achieve our goals. In giving your time to our organization, we hope you will also gain valuable skills and networks. Here are some of the benefits of working with us to host a successful gala:
- Learn how to organize and run a silent auction;
- Pick up basic skills in event planning and fundraising;
- Meet new people who share your passion for the environment; and
- Learn more about the Rainforest Alliance’s conservation programs, certification and sustainable livelihoods.
Time Commit and Other Requirements:
Volunteers are needed from September 2014 through May 2015. Volunteer meetings are held one to two times a month at our headquarters in New York City, from 6-8pm.
There will also be some opportunities to volunteer outside of these meetings, either during the day or work that can be done from home. Though hours may vary, you can anticipate between 4 to 10 hours per month. First-time volunteers must also attend a one-hour orientation in October.
We are looking for volunteers who are energetic, dynamic, outgoing individuals willing to help the Rainforest Alliance further its mission. Volunteers should also be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and should be comfortable with internet research.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Special Events volunteer.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.