Senior Manager, Internal Communications -- Human Resources
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
Reporting the VP, Human Resources, the Senior Manager, Internal Communications will work on a variety of internally-focused projects to help drive employee engagement, improve employee work experience, and develop higher quality and better aligned communications throughout organization. This resourceful employee will help manage internal communications channels and communications pieces that advance better networking within the organization, facilitate organizational change and help employees stay connected with each other.
- Ensure a regular flow of timely, relevant and high-impact internal communications, including organizational announcements, relevant postings, and et posts, presentations, policy and guidelines documents, training materials, podcasts and multi-media pieces.
- Collaborate with key business partners and advise on communication gaps and messaging opportunities within divisions, drive for innovation and motivate teams to keep content fresh and to improve communication effectiveness and measurability
- Working with Presidents and other senior executives to provide communication counsel and support, videos, town hall meetings, executive messages
- Provide communications support for various change management efforts throughout the organization (e.g., implementation of a new system or the change of a business processes or structure).
- Help ensure a high level of editorial review, consistency and quality across all organizational communications.
- Help measure and analyze the effectiveness of communications efforts, and develop plans for ongoing improvement.
- On larger projects, oversee the work of internal resources, vendors and freelancers.
- Maintain knowledge of the most current internal communications techniques and practices and use that knowledge to continue to enhance internal communication efforts.
- Implement vehicles for two-way feedback using technology – SharePoint, polling technology, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, ideally in internal/employee/workforce/organizational and change communications.
- Experience working with senior management and HR designing and executing internal communications plans.
- Superior writing skills, an ability to simplify concepts and to tailor messaging for specific audiences.
- Ability to understand and communicate about complex, technical or sensitive subjects in a clear, concise and creative manner.
- Detail oriented, creative and highly organized.
- Team-oriented but also able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced environment that focuses on high-quality results and flawless execution.
- Aptitude and comfort with technology and media, including hands-on experience working with SharePoint intranets.
- High proficiency with Word, PowerPoint; medium-level of proficiency with SharePoint.
- Graphic design capabilities an asset.
- While not required, work experience in a creative agency or internal communications department is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree highly desired.
- Spanish language skills is a plus.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9572811. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.