The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
This temporary assistant will work on the Sustainable Markets team’s promotional materials and administrative tasks. Responsibilities will include fulfilling and shipping promotional material orders, monitoring and reordering promotional material inventory, invoice management, contact data entry, electronic filing, and other administrative duties.
- Promotional Materials Shipping -- Shipping and fulfilling promotional materials orders both domestically and internationally. This includes packing boxes, creating shipping documents, filling out customs forms, and scheduling pick ups;
- Promotional Materials Invoice Management -- Create and log invoices for promotional material purchases. Track and code all money received as payment for promotional materials;
- Promotional Materials Inventory Management -- Track inventory of current stock of promotional materials. Reorder items as needed;
- Contact Database Management -- Help input new contacts from gathered during tradeshows and meetings, and consolidate various contact lists into lists usable for specific purposes;
- Periodic Marketplace Reporting -- Input data into bi-weekly Use of Seal Report and other reporting as needed for the Trademarks and Market Support team;
- Sharepoint Management -- Organize and maintain company records, artwork, and supporting documentation in Sharepoint;
- Uploading Contracts -- Help to organize and upload all completed contracts to Salesforce and Sharepoint; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Attention to detail is imperative for creating and managing invoices and payment;
- Sound research skills and comfort with the Internet and Microsoft Office required; and
- Ability to interact professionally with clients via phone and email will be necessary.
Commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, 28th floor, New York, NY 10007; Fax: 212-677-2187 Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.