Web Developer I -- IT, Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Web Developer will be responsible for building new applications in addition to supporting existing applications, to provide the function and foundation for scalable Rainforest Alliance organizational growth. S/he will be leading building custom web and database development throughout the entire project life cycle for Traceability project, Supply chain, CRM, etc. The Web Developer will be building user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages. S/he will play a critical role in the research, recommendation, and selection of future applications and be instrumental in successfully re-designing current solutions and building new ones. S/he will perform technical tasks on new projects and initiatives as directed and may be assigned to directly manage projects. S/he will also provide continuous training to staff on Rainforest Alliance applications and systems, and will ensure that Rainforest Alliance IT systems are well maintained, secure and that staff have access to the training and technology needed to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
- Design, develop and maintain web-based business processes and database applications;
- Design and implement innovative software applications using up to date techniques and software methodologies;
- Assist in conducting needs analysis for the development of new systems and/or the modification of existing systems;
- Maintain and modify existing applications and perform maintenance programming for existing versions;
- Build portals for external users and enable loading of data and documents, linking them to the existing systems and databases;
- Build a security scheme for users to login and have different access rights relating to the database;
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data;
- Create necessary technical and architectural documentation;
- Actively identify and participates in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development;
- Provide expert level support to users with software-related issues or problems as necessary;
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with other workers and customers;
- Develop proactive working relationships with employees both inside and outside the team; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, or related field;
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in web development, database programming;
- Expertise in managing projects which will include application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming;
- Experienced with Dynamics CRM platform;
- Experience with Dynamics SDK;
- Proven expertise with project tracking;
- Strong skills in ASP. Net environment;
- Familiar in MS SQL Server database Stored Procedures/Triggers and database development;
- Experience with Rich Internal Applications such as Java Script, AJAX, HTML, etc.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical instructions throughout program development;
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications; must be able to do this with the work of other programmers;
- Fundamental skills in data analysis and data modeling;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills; and
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; cope with workload pressure and deadlines; and work in a results-based environment; and
- Knowledge of PHP is desirable.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8813051. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.