Raising Awareness... Among Consumers
We know that consumers are increasingly seeking “green” goods and services that do not compromise the health of our planet. One of the most effective ways to show consumers that you are a responsible company, working towards sustainability is to feature the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal or Rainforest Alliance Verified™ mark. Here’s how you can leverage these trustmarks and raise consumer awareness:
Display the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal on products and packaging. Studies show that 80 percent of consumers trust third-party certification labels, more than any other type of environmental message. Examples include:
- retail packaging
- product containers
- product tags
- coffee cups
- bulk bins
- coffee sleeves
- product labels
- jute bags
- Don’t forget to include a website alongside the seal, so that consumers know where to find more information. Use our website -- www.rainforest-alliance.org -- or your own website that references our work together. Research indicates that social media, company website and mobile combined (34%) are the most effective communication channels for information about social and environmental products.
Use the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal or Rainforest Alliance Verified™ mark* in promotional materials, such as:
- table tents
- print and TV ads
- posters & signs
- Explain what the seal or mark means by using one of these message templates on-product or in promotional materials.
- Offer special promotions, such as coupons and discounts, for your certified or verified products and services.
- Indicate the certified or verified status of your products or services on all of your product listings, such as online catalogs or retailers’ e-commerce sites.
* Please note that the use of all Rainforest Alliance marks must be pre-approved in writing by the Rainforest Alliance. The Rainforest Alliance Verified mark cannot be used on-products, only in promotional materials.