Engage Your Tourism Business
The Rainforest Alliance is working to help tourism entrepreneurs conserve their environments and contribute to local livelihoods, while improving their own bottom line. We do this by:
- Training tourism businesses to adopt more sustainable practices and encouraging them to pursue voluntary certification with one of the numerous existing programs.
- Providing marketing support to Rainforest Alliance Certified™ businesses.
- Working with tour operators who motivate the hotels they work with to adopt sustainable practices.
- Educating travelers to seek out certified operations as a means to differentiate legitimate eco-friendly and socially responsible operations from those that might make misleading claims.
- Promoting sustainability certification as a strategic conservation and business development tool within the industry and to the public.
- Developing standards and tools that adhere to the Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria promoted by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council in order to meet internationally-sound standards for certification programs.
- Supporting the efforts of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council to help certification programs worldwide to develop and adhere to internationally sound standards for certification programs.
Are you ready to start working with the Rainforest Alliance?