The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Assistant, Accounting & Finance will provide accounting support to the Sr. Accountant, Asia Pacific and the Rainforest Alliance’s Millennium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCAI): Cocoa Revolution – High Yielding Climate-Smart Cocoa Farms. S/he will assist in the daily entry of financial data into financial worksheets for entry into the general ledger system, ensure files are complete and maintained as needed, assist with both accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, as well as provide support to accounting personnel.
- Assist the Finance Associate, MCAI in preparing financial documentation such as Payment Requests, Procurement Request Forms, Bidding Review Forms and Purchase Orders;
- Collaborate with Assistant, Agriculture in procurement processes;
- Monitor cash advances and alert staff of outstanding advances;
- Maintain the financial filling system and record both hard and electronic files;
- Assist Finance Associate, MCAI in preparing finance related audits;
- Assist Finance Associate, MCAI in preparing, completing and creating summary expense reports from field staff;
- Assist Finance Associate, MCAI in reviewing the telephone billing from staff, calculate and invoices staff for personal usages.
- Assist Finance Associate, Landscape and Livelihoods with financial administration as required; and
- Mail and ship financial related documents as required by Finance staff.
- Prepare and distribute invoices and other documents related with invoicing i.e. accounts receivable tracking, reminders and tax slips;
- Enter financial data into Dynamics and the MYOB accounting system;
- Assist in handling taxation reimbursement paperwork related to the MCAI project;
- Assist the Accountant in handling all activities/transactions related to other projects/programs;
- Monitor daily payments through Bank of America and upload Solomon updated invoices and payments in Salesforce;
- Prepare Payment Request Forms (PRF) for consultant invoices, vendors, corporate credit card and staff reimbursement;
- Assist the Accountant in preparing monthly tax reports;
- Handle petty cash;
- Assist in research, tracking, and resolution of accounting issues;
- Assist Accounting with banking transactions, tax reporting, and payment of regular staff expenses;
- Ensure all travel expenses are supported with proper documentation and eligible for payment before issuing checks/wiring payments and filing documents, and specifically for MCAI Travel Expenses stamp “PAID” the receipt after the payment realization;
- Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts;
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies;
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- Minimum 1 year of Accounting experience, experience with national or international NGO is preferable;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet) and comfort working with database programs; experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics preferred;
- Proficiency in English both oral and writing;
- Having tax brevet is preferred;
- Dependable with attention to details, strong customer service skills, and able to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines; and
- Able to work in a multicultural, diverse and high performance-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history in one single document and sent to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance Indonesia electronically through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.