The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
Assurance Services Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative, financial and technical support for Rainforest Alliance Assurance services. Primary focus will be on evaluation related to Forestry and Agriculture sectors. S/he will assist the Assurance Manager, Asia Pacific in managing Assurance Services client portfolios.
- Provide support to Rainforest Alliances’ Assurance Services team and collaborate with other teams for the Assurance Services;
- Support Rainforest Alliances’ Assurance services in conducting administrative and financial functions;
- Support Rainforest Alliances’ Assurance services in preparing documents, analysis and presentation with technical content;
- Perform technical research as directed by Manager and Senior Manager of Assurance services;
- Make arrangement for all the activities, meetings, and events related to Assurance projects/services;
- Record and track all Assurance services tasks and its development progress as assigned from negotiation stage through final report review;
- Ensure that all tasks are done as required to comply with job completion requirements;
- Perform vendor selection process and prepare purchase request for approval from Assurance Manager, Asia Pacific;
- Assist in managing budget; prepare advance request, collect receipts, prepare Travel Expenses Report (TER) and verify TER with the receipts, get approval for TER from Assurance Manager, Asia Pacific;
- Manage documents control systems: setting up a filing system, receiving, keeping and filing documents in a way where it is accessible and understandable by all relevant team members;
- Monitor schedules of all Assurance services/projects team members’ activities; keep schedules of all team members, setting up and arranging meetings, confirm schedules;
- Assist in managing and coordinating the field evaluation activities; making travel and accommodation arrangement including finding out travel time and travel means;
- Collect consultants invoice and prepare payment request form (PRF);
- Receive all payment request and process for payments in compliance with organizational policy and regulation as well as with client’s company policy and regulation for reimbursement;
- Prepare a monthly report of all the expenditures and a financial report at the end of the project;
- Identify ways to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Assurance services within the context of auditing requirements and program goals and objectives;
- Conduct assessments and on-site audits as requested and draft reports accordingly; and
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture, or related field required;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in forestry, agriculture or related field preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with other MS Office applications;
- Environmental management system or other auditor training experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Rainforest Alliance Certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia; other languages a plus; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Jl. Tantular Barat No. 88 Denpasar, 80114, Bali, Indonesia; E-mail: email@example.com by use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.