The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Certification Systems Associate supports RA-Cert’s Quality Assurance team in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, systems, and tools (e.g., Salesforce, TXRC) for administration of all auditing services implemented across RA-Cert’s regions and partner organizations. This position will also serve as Technical Expert (TX) for Certification Administration and other service area(s) applicable to the candidate’s experience and skills.
- Work with Quality Assurance (QA) Manager and Technical Experts to develop and maintain policies, procedures, tools and templates for RA-Cert auditing services;
- Coordinate infrastructure development for new auditing services, including design of Salesforce records and Sharepoint content;
- Update and maintain training delivery systems and tools, including Live training, On-the-job training, eLearning recorded modules, webinars, PowerPoint presentations, etc.;
- Analyze changes to RA and standard/accreditation systems and policies; and
- In coordination with QA Manager and Technical Experts, implement changes to existing systems and tools to ensure conformance and consistency with RA policies and accreditations.
Certification Administration Technical Expert (TX)
- Work with QA Technical Experts to develop and maintain RA-Cert policies and procedures for certification administration, e.g., certificate issuance, extension, suspension, termination, transfers;
- Develop and maintain certification administration templates, ensuring alignment with RA-Cert policies and accreditation requirements;
- Provide guidance and ongoing support to regional office and partner staff regarding implementation of RA-Cert certification administration policies and procedures;
- Serve as the primary liaison between RA-Cert staff and external database owners (e.g., FSC, SAN);
- Assist in certification administration systems development for new auditing services; and
- Maintain up-to-date information on sites managed for staff and auditor resources, e.g., SharePoint, Technical Expert Resource Center (TXRC).
Quality Assurance Technical Expert (QA-TX) responsibilities
- Serve as QA global resource for RA-Cert regional and affiliate staff in the implementation of assigned service areas;
- Develop and maintain applicable policies, procedures and training materials in order to maintain applicable accreditations and enable quality service execution;
- Coordinate the collection of evidence to address non-conformances with accreditation requirements;
- Coordinate responses to relevant stakeholder complaints;
- Review and approve complex and/or controversial audit reports and trademark use to ensure quality;
- Notify RA-Cert and affiliate staff of necessary communications, including documents under review, finalized policies, and guidance; and
- Maintain relevant lead auditor and trainer credentials.
Quality Monitoring and Training
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to develop and maintain a quality monitoring system for review of assigned service area(s) and Certification Administration processes and functions across all services;
- Perform quality review functions to ensure consistency and conformance in regional and partner implementation of requirements of assigned service area(s) and Certification Administration requirements across all services;
- Participate in internal quality audits of regional offices and partners; and
- Develop, maintain, and deliver RA-Cert training on Certification Administration and assigned service area(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in forestry or natural resources related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in professional work environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce;
- Excellent English writing, editing and verbal communication skills required;
- Additional written and verbal proficiency in Spanish and/or French preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must;
- Ability to work independently and multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Lead Auditor qualifications and experience preferred;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices. Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred. Knowledge of certification schemes ideal; and
- Ability to travel approximately 20% a year, nationally and internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family;
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15370631. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.