The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Chain of Custody (CoC) staff auditor will conduct certification audits and assessments for RA-Cert’s CoC certification services, including audit scheduling, on-site visits, and report writing. S/he will also manage the CoC certification process for a subset of RA-Cert clients and provide customer service, report reviews, quality control and coordination of contract-auditor work.
- Conduct certification services, including assessments and annual audits for RA-Cert CoC clients, including on-site visits to client operation facilities in the region;
- Conduct desk audits;
- Manage all travel arrangements to conduct the assigned fieldwork;
- Write audit/assessment reports based on audit findings;
- Communicate with clients and RA-Cert staff in preparation and finalization of audit engagements;
- Develop strong expertise in RA-Cert, Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) and FSC Chain-of-Custody standards, policies and protocols; and
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system.
- Manage the execution of CoC assessments and audits for a portfolio of clients to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, report review, liaison with clients and finalization of reports for approval;
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to RA-Cert technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Receive, process and file forms, conduct data entry and other information for a full range of certification services;
- In coordination with the CoC Associate provide customer service to current and potential Rainforest Alliance clients to include, but is not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and logo use; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required;
- Minimum of two years work experience preferred, experience in the forest-product industry, print industry, agricultural industry, or related field an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Previous auditing experience and/or ISO training preferred;
- Strong skills in MS office, Adobe Acrobat, databases, and Internet;
- Background or interest in environmental conservation preferred;
- Knowledge of RA-Cert certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently from a home-based office and as part of a team; and
- Willingness and ability to travel 75% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family;
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Only candidates authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary history to Rainforest Alliance, Box 1771, Chelsea, QC, J9B 1A1.
Fax: (866) 438-1971. Email: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.