The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Executive Associate will support the Executive Vice President in general administrative tasks, as well as strategically manage her time by coordinating all her day to day activities. S/he will be responsible for assisting the EVP in all areas of executive operations and coordinate communications across these programs and units.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the Executive Vice-President’s time with a strong understanding of priorities, ability to serve as a gatekeeper to ensure her time is used for only the highest-value reasons;
- Maintain Executive Vice President’s calendar and appointments by scheduling meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and travel;
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and assure successful follow-through, with minor supervision;
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting preparation for Executive Vice President, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence;
- Conserve Executive Vice President’s time by reading, filtering, routing correspondence, as well as ranking in order of importance;
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual staff meetings including communication with staff, coordinating logistics, materials preparation, in addition to meeting follow up and taking minutes;
- Work closely with appropriate staff to facilitate the work planning, budgeting and quarterly reporting for the Markets Transformation, Development, and CTT teams;
- Generate expense reports to reconcile MasterCard statements for Executive Vice President;
- Assist in planning and directing annual meetings for all External Relations teams;
- Manage communications and high level Board relations by coordinating consistent and timely follow up between the Board, EVP & Development unit;
- In coordination with EVP and Development, ensure that board communications take place in a consistent and engaging manner;
- Compile and review minutes from various meetings e.g. Board meeting, Nominating Committee meeting, Development Committee, and create a plan of follow through and action items for both staff and the Board;
- Maintain the supply of promotional items for Executive Vice President’s use;
- Provide general administrative support including filing, fielding calls, faxing/copying, ordering supplies;
- Work on a variety of special projects; research topics and conduct research projects as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Flexibility: Ability to multi-task, identify and adapt to shifts in priorities, and maintain a high level of accuracy in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Foresight: Capability to identify possible challenges and navigate them with little or no guidance.
- Communication: Ability to effectively convey and receive communication, through written, verbal, or graphical means; and deciphering succinct and brief messages.
- Collaboration: Ability to work well with a team, establish positive relationships, and acclimate to evolving needs in a diverse organization.
- Strategic problem solving: Exercises sound decision making processes by proactively considering outcomes, making well-informed choices that are results driven, and distinguishing when feedback is necessary.
- Detail orientation: Makes a conscious effort to analyze and discern causes and outcomes of problems, with corrective intentions.
- Initiative: Demonstrates autonomy and independence, with the ability to self-motivate, self-propel, and consider innovative solutions with thoughtfulness and diplomacy.
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability and consistency through working hard, efficiently, and generating outcomes in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Integrity: Gains trust of others through fair and pragmatic behavior, takes responsibility for one’s actions, maintains confidentiality and adheres to moral and ethical codes.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 5-7 year’s administrative experience at an executive level; non-profit experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of diplomacy and professionalism;
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish a plus; and
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15511891. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.