The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Helpdesk Assistant (HA) will be responsible for coordinating efforts within IT to troubleshoot technical issues and requests, and liaise with outsourced vendors when necessary for Latin America. S/he will also work in close coordination with the SharePoint Administrator to provide SharePoint support for the organization. S/he will ensure the smooth and optimal functioning of networks, computers, servers, telephony systems and other IT devices. S/he will also provide the foundation for scalable Rainforest Alliance organizational growth and facilitate system design activities. S/he will provide continuous user training to staff on organization infrastructure systems and will ensure that Rainforest Alliance IT systems are well maintained, secure and staff has access to the training and technology needed to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email and teach users how to utilize computers correctly;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers walking them through the problem-solving process and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services;
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs;
- Follow-up and update customer status and information;
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures;
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers (Sharepoint; OneDrive);
- Ensure equipment functionality and its components (maintain and repair e.g. Wifi, laptops, printers, peripheral, etc.);
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks;
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated;
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies;
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference;
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions per specifications and ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Responsible for ordering, shipping, and receiving of all hardware; and
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-2 years of experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role; Office 365, Sharepoint, Microsoft windows, Microsoft Office, Applications (Ofimatica);
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Strong technical background, the ability to grasp new concepts, skills and adapt to dynamic changes in the computer information technology fields;
- Ability to communicate in lay terms with non-technical staff;
- Willingness to learn to use new software;
- Must possess the initiative to keep a busy office running smoothly and be responsive to diverse staff and organizational needs with minimal supervision;
- Dependability, punctuality and good organizational skills required;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks across program groups;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with user groups;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered; and
- Bilingual English/Spanish a must.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Only candidates authorized to work in Mexico will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, E-mail: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.