The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Helpdesk Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating efforts within IT to troubleshoot technical issues and requests, and liaise with outsourced vendors when necessary for the Asia, Africa, and Europe staff. S/he will also work in close coordination with the SharePoint Administrator to provide SharePoint support for the organization. S/he will ensure the smooth and optimal functioning of networks, computers, servers, telephony systems and other IT devices. S/he will also provide the foundation for scalable Rainforest Alliance organizational growth and facilitate system design activities. S/he will provide continuous user training to staff on organization infrastructure systems and will ensure that Rainforest Alliance IT systems are well maintained, secure and staff has access to the training and technology needed to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
- Provide technical assistance and support incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware for users in the Bali office and for staff working in related time-zones;
- Support network, servers and printers in the Bali office;
- Train users and create knowledge base articles and system documentation;
- Respond to users seeking help and follow up to ensure issue has been resolved;
- Setup laptops and presentation equipment;
- Maintain equipment inventory, troubleshoot and provide support with equipment maintenance problems;
- Responsible for ordering, shipping, and receiving of all hardware;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software; and
- Manage system accounts and licenses.
- Participate in the review of detailed technical designs;
- Communicate and provide support to end users on how to efficiently use SharePoint and OneDrive; and
- Assist SharePoint Administrator with management of SharePoint Online.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field required;
- Minimum 2 years working experience in related field;
- Experience with all Windows server software and applications, exchange server, firewalls, as well as Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong technical background, the ability to grasp new concepts, skills and adapt to dynamic changes in the computer information technology fields;
- Ability to communicate in lay terms with non-technical staff;
- Willingness to learn new software;
- English proficiency is preferred;
- Must possess the initiative to keep a busy office running smoothly and be responsive to diverse staff and organizational needs with minimal supervision;
- Dependability, punctuality and good organizational skills required;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks across program groups;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with user groups; and
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance Indonesia through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by using the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.