The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Human Resources Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the Director of Human Resources, and the Human Resources team in HR related functions, including but not limited to HRIS database and SharePoint Intranet maintenance, benefits related tasks, recruitment support, internship and volunteer program coordination, and other miscellaneous HR related functions. This individual must possess strong communication and organizational skills, have a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work both independently, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Coordinate aspects of meeting preparation for Director of Human Resources, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials/presentation preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence;
- Process departmental invoices, semi-monthly Master Card expense statements, expense reports and other tasks assigned;
- Maintain paper and electronic filing and retrieval systems including management of Salesforce.com for the department;
- Coordinate All Staff meetings as appropriate;
- Manage the department intranet site on SharePoint;
- Research and procure organizational chart software;
- Receive and process all COBRA communications and enrollments; and
- Coordinate business card approval/rejection in SharePoint system.
- Assist with recruitment related responsibilities such as: sending out all-staff recruitment emails, posting on internal/external sites, and maintaining/updating the recruitment database in Access;
- Participate in the maintenance of confidential personnel files in accordance with legal requirements and ensure personnel files are complete, current and accurate; and
- Coordinate the internship program.
- Administer HRB database in ADP to reflect all changes for Rainforest Alliance and send confirmations to appropriate parties;
- Perform routine analysis and auditing of all HR data;
- Assist in supporting the Human Resources Department for systems related functions;
- Maintain and edit master spreadsheets for the creation of employee ID and job number information for ADP;
- Maintain relationship with ADP vendor/ specialist as needed; and
- Generate monthly and ad hoc reports in ADP.
- House benefit contact information, maintain relationships, and assist staff with benefit related functions as appropriate;
- Generate TransitChek reports each month and adjust benefits for employees accordingly in the system;
- Process 403(b) contribution changes semi-monthly, and notify payroll of updates accordingly;
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and process invoices;
- Enroll, change and terminate employee benefits information with insurance companies as well as in ADP; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility: Ability to multi-task, identify and adapt to shifts in priorities, and maintain a high level of accuracy in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Communication: Ability to effectively convey and receive communication, through written, verbal, or graphical means.
- Collaboration: Ability to work well with a team, establish positive relationships, and acclimate to evolving needs in a diverse organization.
- Strategic problem solving: Exercises sound decision making processes by proactively considering outcomes, making well-informed choices that are results driven, and distinguishing when feedback is necessary.
- Detail orientation: Makes a conscious effort to analyze and discern causes and outcomes of problems, with corrective intentions.
- Initiative: Demonstrates autonomy and independence, with the ability to self-motivate, self-propel, and consider innovative solutions with thoughtfulness and diplomacy.
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability and consistency through working hard, efficiently, and generating outcomes in a timely manner.
Ethics and Integrity: Gains trust of others through fair and pragmatic behavior, takes responsibility for one’s actions, and adheres to moral and ethical codes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience in HR preferred;
- Knowledge of HRIS systems required, preference given to applicants with ADP experience;
- Concur Travel and Expense experience preferred;
- Knowledge and ability to handle secure data required;
- Must be tech-savvy and have an interest in process analysis, automation and documentation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs knowledge of SharePoint is highly preferred, familiarity with conducting internet research and comfort working with database programs;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and strong organizational skills is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; and
- Ability to be flexible, work with interruptions, and shift priorities of work as required.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15474911. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.