The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Individual Philanthropy team develops cultivation, stewardship and fundraising opportunities for individuals who give $1,000 or more to support the conservation programs of the organization.
- Manage projects related to foundation, corporate, and individual donor research, as well as donor outreach.
- Work with IP Assistant on gift processing and acknowledgements.
- Help maintain and organize donor database system.
- Assist in outreach to major donors by conducting research on recent RA-related articles and composing written stewardship pieces, and participating in quarterly phone banking.
- Be part of a creative and dynamic team working to build stronger relationships with Rainforest Alliance benefactors.
Ideal for undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing. Self-starter, resourceful and detail-oriented individual with great communications and writing skills needed. Sound research skills, adeptness with the Internet and Microsoft office, and ability to interact professionally with donor prospects via the phone and e-mail required. Minimum commitment of 20 hours a week required, along with availability for the full term listed.
The internship is unpaid, however the intern may be eligible to earn academic credit for his or her work with the Rainforest Alliance.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.