The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Palm Oil Smallholders Financial Consultant or Consultant Firm will be responsible for providing project financial management services to support the successful implementation of smallholder palm oil development projects in the Asia Pacific region. The Consultant or Consultant Firm will manage multiple programs oriented towards increasing the sustainability of smallholder production of palm oil, particularly with our partner NGO Serikat Petani Kelapa Sawit (SPKS). The Palm Oil Smallholders Financial Consultant or Consultant Firm will evaluate current financial systems, design (SPKS), trainings and support materials, provide technical services, source appropriate technologies and consulting services, and provide reports on project progress, monitoring and evaluation, finance, and other project areas.
- Analyze current financial and project management system in place, review staffing and procedures, and develop report on gaps analysis based on the current and projected scale of SPKS project pipelines;
- Develop financial KPIs for SPKS in current project funded by International donor;
- Provide the financial assessment with SPKS staff and produce the capacity building plan report for the organization;
- Develop financial system and procedures for SPKS;
- Provide training and materials for SPKS staff and senior leadership for Financial SOPs; and
- Conduct internal financial audit exercise.
If Consultant Firm, a dedicated staff person with the following qualifications is required or (if consultant is an individual, the following qualifications are required):
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, Financial Administration or an audit firm;
- Ability and experience in developing financial Standard Operating Procedure;
- Experiences in staff capacity building;
- Demonstrated experiences in public sector grant reporting and management and work with non-government organizations;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English preferred;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred; and
- Willingness to travel to the field.
Rainforest Alliance expects to award this opportunity by October 17, 2016. Only final candidates will be contacted for best and final offers. Please note local and/or regional candidates will be treated preferentially.
E-mail to: email@example.com. Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, title of consultancy in which you are interested. Please include:
- A cover letter addressing consultant experience, availability, and consultancy rate(s); the letter should be no longer than two pages;
- Be eligible to complete field work within Indonesia;
- A list of previous engagements;
- A sample of recent work;
- Updated CV(s) for personnel on the engagement; and
- Contact details of two prior engagement references.