The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The RA-Cert Systems Analyst will provide overall leadership and project management to the planning, building and updating of RA-Cert’s systems infrastructure, primarily its Salesforce (SF) database, used for fulfilling the multiple data, process and customer service needs. S/he will engage with key staff and partner organizations to identify solutions to business processes and collaborate with Rainforest Alliance IT and external vendors to implement those solutions. This position will serve as the lead SF Power User for RA-Cert and provide ongoing support to RA-Cert SF users.
Business Systems Analysis & Solution Implementation
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with RA-Cert and partner staff to analyze business processes and data/reporting needs;
- Simplify complex business processes and data requirements through innovative technology solutions;
- Lead evaluation and planning for improvements of existing systems;
- Provide research, direction and assistance to the RA-Cert Unit in the selection and implementation of new or improved business systems solutions;
- Design sophisticated data mining reports and corresponding presentation tools, including dashboards;
- Serve as RA-Cert’s primary person responsible for key projects supporting the development of new or improved systems (e.g., efficiency projects), including coordination of staff input, translation of business needs into specifications for vendors, and management of project milestone timelines;
- Coordinate the build out of database systems for new auditing services and expanded functionality; and
- Serve as liaison with Rainforest Alliance IT for review and deployment of new technology functionality according to change management control policies.
Technical Expertise and Training
- Serve as the SF Technical Expert (TX) and global point of contact (POC) for RA-Cert users;
- Serve as the lead SF Power User for RA-Cert and provide regular guidance and support to regional SF Power Users/POCs;
- Manage the RA-Cert SF Issue Queue, ensuring issues are appropriately prioritized, assigned to correct owner for follow up and successfully closed;
- Develop RA-Cert specific guidelines, protocols and documentation as needed to ensure systems implementation and adoption;
- Maintain up-to-date information on the SharePoint Technical Expert Resource Center (TXRC) regarding RA-Cert SF guidelines, policies, and training on staff resource sites, e.g.,
- Manage the development and delivery of TXRC SF user training and guidelines;
- Provide technical support and report to staff regarding RA-Cert data analysis for reporting indicators across the organization, including collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance Evaluation & Research Unit;
- Represent RA-Cert on steering committees that coordinate design and implementation of system solutions for all Rainforest Alliance Units; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5-7 years of professional and relevant work experience;
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience with Salesforce platform required;
- Experience in voluntary certification systems highly desirable;
- Demonstrated project management experience required;
- Project Management Professional certification a plus;
- Exceptional communication, presentation & training skills;
- Systems-oriented with demonstrated experience in translating business needs into IT solutions;
- Proactive work attitude and ability to take initiative; the ideal candidate will be self-directed and highly motivated;
- Strong planning, analytical, and project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines;
- Collaborative and energetic work style, ability to motivate users to adopt evolving systems and embrace change;
- Written and/or verbal Spanish and/or French language skills a plus; and
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% internationally and domestically.
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
United States: Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15444891. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
Guatemala: Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 8 Avenida 15-62, zona 10, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala 01010. Fax: (502) 2383-5777; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for. Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered.