The Rainforest Alliance Learning Site offers curricula and resources to help students understand how rainforests contribute to our collective well-being. This program teaches language arts, science, math, and social studies essentials while addressing the the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The multidisciplinary curricula present information on forests, wildlife and local communities providing a global perspective on the importance of protecting the world's natural resources and giving students opportunities for direct action. All of these resources can be viewed on screen or downloaded as a PDF, and are provided free of charge.
On these pages you will find:
- Complete lesson plans that meet Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics and Next Generation Science Standards and are designed for students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade
- Rainforest Alliance original stories (available in English, Spanish and Portuguese)
- Rainforest presentations and slideshows
- Articles, posters and overviews
- Profiles of rainforest species
- Information about on-the-ground conservation projects
We invite you to join us in educating our children about the importance of rainforests, and in advocating for their survival. Join us in ensuring that today's children -- and their children -- will be able to hear the raucous call of the scarlet macaw, to witness the brilliant blue flash of a morpho butterfly and to understand how people everywhere can benefit from the wealth of forest resources without destroying them.