Engage Your Tourism Business
The Rainforest Alliance is working to help tourism entrepreneurs conserve their environments and contribute to local livelihoods, while improving their own bottom line. We do this by:
- Training tourism businesses to adopt more sustainable practices and encouraging them to pursue voluntary certification with one of the numerous existing programs.
- Providing marketing support to Rainforest Alliance Verified™ businesses, and those that are certified by a reputable third party program.
- Working with tour operators who motivate the hotels they work with to adopt sustainable practices.
- Educating travelers to seek out verified or certified operations as a means to differentiate legitimate eco-friendly and socially responsible operations from those that might make misleading claims.
- Promoting sustainability verification and certification as a strategic conservation and business development tool within the industry and to the public.
- Supporting the efforts of the Sustainable Tourism Certification Network of the Americas and the Global Sustainable Tourism Council to help certification programs worldwide to develop and adhere to internationally sound standards for certification programs.