Recipe: Homemade Chai
Express your gratitude to the world's sustainable farmers by making Homemade Chai featuring Rainforest Alliance Certified™ tea! Stave off the winter chill with a hot beverage and give thanks to farm families all over the world who are protecting the environment while growing the crops that feed us all.
- 2 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1-and-½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bags Rainforest Alliance Certified black tea
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- Add the spices, ginger, and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture becomes aromatic. Whisk in the sugar and then add the tea bags; turn off the heat and let the mixture steep 3 minutes.
- Heat a serving pot by rinsing it with very hot water. Strain the tea mixture into pot. Heat the milk over medium heat until just simmering; whisk until frothy. Pour the milk into the serving pot, stirring well to combine.