Recipe: Spiced Hot Dark Chocolate
Enjoy this sweet and sustainable recipe from WholeLiving.com. Be sure to use dark chocolate stamped with the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal of approval -- your assurance that goods were grown in a way that protects the environment and supports farming communities across the globe.
- 1 quart soy milk
- 6 ounces Rainforest Alliance Certified dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk over medium-low heat until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is steaming hot, about 5 minutes. Serve.
This recipe was reprinted with permission from Wholeliving.com: http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/spiced-hot-dark-chocolate.