With the holiday season just around the corner, it’s time to start looking for the perfect presents for your loved ones, planning decadent dishes for your dinner table and finding festive décor for your home. This year, ensure your celebration is joyous in spirit and gentle on the environment. By looking for the Rainforest Alliance CertifiedTM seal and the Forest Stewardship Council® logo on products, you can give back to the planet while supporting communities worldwide.
Need suggestions? Our team in New York has put together a guide for greening your holiday festivities!
Green your holiday gifts
- For the Pampered: Spoil them with luxurious bath and body products. Pangea and Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® offer indulgent soaps featuring palm oil from certified farms, with soothing fragrances such as lavender, geranium and basil. Or treat them with Alba Botanicals skin and hair care products, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified Andiroba and Brazil Nut Oil.
- For the Technophile: Do they love their phone? Enjoy the sustainable and stylish range of iPhone cases from Twig! These cases are made using eco-friendly wood that is FSC-certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- For the Romantic: Do they love to escape within the pages of a steamy novel? Pick up one of Harlequin’s many titles printed on FSC-certified paper. (Currently, 15 percent of Harlequin’s paper supply is FSC-certified and the company has committed to scaling up.)
Green your holiday feast
- Sustainable foods: When planning your holiday feast, look for sustainable and local ingredients. See our listing of food items featuring the green frog seal including chocolate, coffee, tea and fruit. Epicurean also offers a gorgeous range of cutting boards made with FSC-certified wood.
- Seasonal recipes: Need suggestions for scrumptious, seasonal recipes that use sustainable ingredients? Check out some of our favorite holiday recipes that use cocoa, coffee, tea and bananas from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
Green your holiday décor
- Beautiful Bouquets: Enhance your holiday decorations with festive flowers! Be sure to choose blooms grown on farms that protect people and the planet -- just look for the green frog seal at Costco, Sam’s Club, Whole Foods Market and Walmart.
For more suggestions and a full list of products that feature the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal, please visit our Find Certified Products page.