Horizontes Nature Tours
Horizontes Nature Tours specializes in Costa Rica. Natural beauty, stunning beaches, pleasant climate, and the peaceful nature of Costa Ricans makes the country one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. We offer enormous diversity in a small country -- volcanoes, mountains, rivers, the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, microclimates, rainforests, cloud forests and dry forests. Our specialty is adventure: unequalled forest hikes, rafting, zip-lining through the forest canopy and all the adventures at sea including diving, kayaking, swimming, surfing and more.
The main destinations of Costa Rica where we operate are San Jose and its vicinity, Arenal volcano, Tortuguero, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Guanacaste and the Osa Peninsula.
Making a Difference
For more than 30 years, Horizontes has taken thousands of tourists to Costa Rica’s most beautiful, biodiverse destinations, creating extraordinary experiences and memories of their visit. A pioneer in nature tourism, Horizontes has helped promote and protect Costa Rica’s national parks, urging tourists to visit these wild areas by including them in their custom-made itineraries.
When planning trips, our main goals are to exceed the expectations of our customers, while raising awareness and respect for our culture and environment.
- Help strengthen the economy, society, traditions and culture of Costa Rica.
- Develop best practices that help preserve our natural riches.
- Strengthen our productive chains through excellent relationships with our suppliers.
Make up for the impact our activities may have on the environment. Some concrete examples are:
- Support for the protection of Corcovado National Park.
- Training for our service providers.
- Supporting the development of fair trade initiatives and training indigenous communities in initiatives such as ie'pa Handicrafts, whose overall objective is to build capacity for the sustainable production and marketing of their handicrafts; visits to the Maleku community; facilitating the participation of artisans in Expotur (a tourism marketing exchange in Costa Rica) through Verdes y Colores y Autóctono, a brand dedicated to creating beautiful, sustainable, innovative products based on techniques and materials of Costa Rican indigenous peoples.
- Offset and mitigate the greenhouse gases we generate by promoting tree planting.
- Maintain our Rainforest Alliance Certification, Certification for Sustainable Tourism (5 leaves), Ecological Blue Flag (4 stars), and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR, 95%).