The Follow the Frog campaign is an opportunity for demonstrate your company’s commitment to sustainability and your work with the Rainforest Alliance. Joining in the conversation during the two week Follow the Frog campaign period allows you to take advantage of social media’s algorithms and share in the reach of the other participating companies and influencers. In an increasingly digital world, utilizing social media is an easy and effective way to instantly and directly promote your Rainforest Alliance Certified products to consumers around the world.
We invite you to utilize the recommendations and sample messages below or customize your own message in your brand voice. Pair your message with our downloadable, ready to use social media graphics, or articles and videos from our website to make for an engaging and informative post. To generate best value and reach, be sure to tag our accounts and use the hashtag #FollowTheFrog in all your posts. The Rainforest Alliance team will also amplify your posts, sharing them with our network.
Here is where you can find us:
- Facebook/ YouTube/ LinkedIn: Rainforest Alliance
- Twitter Global: @RnfrstAlliance
- Instagram: @RainforestAlliance
We also offer sample messages in Spanish, and can help translate messages into other languages as well.
Social media opportunities are not limited to the two week #FollowTheFrog campaign period, rather it is an ongoing tagline. Read more about how you can share your sustainability story year-round!
- Follow us on our global Twitter page, @RnfrstAlliance. Retweet our content, and @mention us in your own tweets so we can engage with you directly
- For regionally specific campaigns use the following: Germany- @RnfrstAll_DE; Japan- @RainforestALJP; Latin America- @RnfrstAll_Latin; Sweden- @RnfrstAll_se; United Kingdom- @RnfrstAll_UK
- Always use the hashtag #FollowTheFrog to join consumers and other participating businesses in the online conversation, connecting your social media activities with a wider audience.
- Leverage our downloadable graphics, or contact us about customizing your image and message.
- Look for other trending hashtags in line with our work together, and include them in your tweet as well to broaden their reach.
- Tweet links to relevant content from www.rainforest-alliance.org or videos from our YouTube channel to educate and engage consumers on issues you are connected with, and subjects they care about, such as: sustainability, climate change, healthy ecosystems, biodiversity, livelihoods, and ethical sourcing for agricultural and forestry products.
- Combine tweets, like the samples below, with links to our stories or campaign graphics.
- Host a Twitter contest, giveaway, promotion, or chat. Our promotional materialscan help incentivize participation.
Customize and share these sample messages for your Twitter audiences (adapt as needed):
NOTE: Change the Twitter handle to your regional account listed above, if applicable
- Let’s join together for a better future. #FollowTheFrog and look for the @RnfrstAlliance Certified “green frog” seal when you shop.
- [Company Name] + @RnfrstAlliance are joining together for a better future. Come along on the journey! #FollowTheFrog
- Do you #FollowTheFrog? We do. [Company name] sources @RnfrstAlliance Certified [your commodity] for our products.
- We #FollowTheFrog to support people and nature thriving in harmony. Why do you choose to be more “green”?
- We support strong #forests and thriving communities. You can too when you #FollowTheFrog and choose @RnfrstAlliance Certified products.
- We proudly #FollowTheFrog to support a healthier planet and people, by sourcing @RnfrstAlliance Certified goods. Why do you #FollowTheFrog?
- #FollowTheFrog with us and the @RnfrstAlliance to protect #forests and help mitigate #climatechange.
- Choose @RnfrstAlliance Certified [your commodity] to support people and nature thriving together in harmony. #FollowTheFrog
- #FollowTheFrog to see how the @RnfrstAlliance Certified [your commodity] you choose makes a difference to people and planet.
- “Like” the Rainforest Alliance’s Facebook page, and share our content, making sure to @mention us in your posts when you do, so we can engage with you directly.
- Encourage your followers to “like” us, too, and stay informed about our work.
- Use the hashtag #FollowTheFrog to join consumers and other businesses in the online conversation, connecting your social media activities with a wider audience.
- Post links from the latest stories and articles about the work and impact of the Rainforest Alliance, or videos from our YouTube channel, even linking them with the sample posts below.
- Post facts about your products, their origins and why they are a more sustainable choice. For example: “Did you know our coffee is grown on Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms that protect the environment and the well-being of communities?”
- Post images of your products with the “green frog” seal or photos of the people and places behind your products/services, with the #FollowTheFrog hashtag.
- Encourage customers, fans and followers to post their photos of your products with the green frog seal to the Rainforest Alliance Facebook page, using the #FollowTheFrog hashtag and tagging the @Rainforest Alliance.
- Boost engagement by posting imaginative questions: For example:
“If you could visit one of our Rainforest Alliance Certified™ cocoa farms, which country would you choose to travel to?”
- Direct fans to visit relevant pages on our website to learn more about sustainably sourced ingredients in your products and the positive impact of your work with the Rainforest Alliance.
Sample Facebook Posts
Share these sample messages for with you Facebook audience, or customize them to fit your brand voice:
- We support people and nature thriving together in harmony. You can too by choosing @Rainforest Alliance Certified [your commodity]. #FollowTheFrog
- We proudly stand for biodiversity conservation and sustainable livelihoods for farmers, foresters, and workers. You can too when you #FollowTheFrogto @Rainforest Alliance Certified [Company Name] [your commodity].
- We are better together. #FollowTheFrog and look for the @Rainforest Alliance Certified seal when you shop to drive positive impacts for people and the planet with your everyday actions.
- [Company Name] and the @Rainforest Alliance are leaders in the movement to help create a better future. Join us in supporting people and nature thriving together in harmony, and #FollowTheFrog to sustainable sourced [your commodity].
- Every time you purchase @Rainforest Alliance Certified products, you’re supporting high standards of environmental, social and economic stewardship. The everyday choices you make contribute to a better world. #FollowTheFrog
- #FollowTheFrog to @Rainforest Alliance Certified products and join together with us for a better future.
- Have you seen the @Rainforest Alliance green frog seal on our [your commodity]? By responsibly sourcing ingredients, we’re doing our part to support people and nature thriving together in harmony. Let’s join together for a better future. #FollowTheFrog
- [Company Name] and @Rainforest Alliance are joining together for a better future by committing to sustainably sourced [your commodity]. You can too when you #FollowTheFrog.
- The @Rainforest Alliance “green frog” seal on our [your commodity] tells you that it was produced in harmony with nature and in support of farmer and worker wellbeing. #FollowTheFrog
- See how the @Rainforest Alliance Certified [your commodity] you buy makes a difference to farming communities all over the world. #FollowTheFrog
- Follow @rainforestalliance Instagram page, “like” and “regram” our posts, and @mention us in your own posts so we can engage with you.
- Use the hashtag #FollowTheFrog to join consumers and other businesses in the online conversation, connecting your social media activities with a wider global audience.
- Create a trivia game, giveaway, or contest to engage your followers. Sponsor a post to reach an even wider audience.
- Encourage your followers to post their own images of your Rainforest Alliance Certified products using #FollowTheFrog and mention @rainforestalliance— we will regularly select the best #FollowTheFrog images and feature them on our own account.
- Mention us in your Instagram stories, even doing a #FollowTheFrog takeover, featuring your Rainforest Alliance Certified products in all posts.
- Create a short video about our work together, using our collection of pre-cut b-roll footage from certified farms and forests around the world.
- Stay in touch with us to learn more about our upcoming Instagram sustainability challenge.
- More so than with other social media channels, Instagram is all about posting a thumb-stopping image, with a descriptive or clever caption to follow. Any sample messages would depend on the image used. We invite you reach out to Debbie Rutstein at email@example.com if you are interested in talking about us online, or using one of the thousands of powerful photographs we have collected from farms, forests, and tourism destinations throughout the world.
Be sure to sign up to receive Follow the Frog campaign updates. You can find additional evergreen content, including videos, gifs, imagery, as well as facts about our work on Rainforest Alliance social media channels and in our ‘Stories’ section. Link to the following content when educating your consumers about your work with the Rainforest Alliance.