Our new Sustainable Agriculture Standard will be designed to maximize positive social, environmental, and economic impact, offering farmers an enhanced framework to improve their livelihoods while protecting the landscapes where they live and work.
Complete the survey on the 2020 Sustainable Agriculture Standard by August 31.
Before you fill in the survey, please review the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard.
There are two versions:
- Sustainable Agriculture Standard for Smallholders [PDF]
- Sustainable Agriculture Standard for Medium and Large farms [PDF]
In addition, the standard is supported by the following annexes:
- Annex 1: Glossary [PDF]
- Annex 2: Rainforest Alliance Capacity Assessment Tool [XLSX]
- Annex 3: Guidance Document: Gender Equality in the Management Chapter [PDF]
- Annex 4: Gender Assessment Tool [PDF]
- Annex 5: Agrochemicals Approach [PDF]
- Annex 6: Guidance Document: The Rainforest Alliance Assess & Address Approach [PDF]
- Annex 7: Risk Assessment and Mitigation Tool for Discrimination, Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Workplace Harassment and Violence: Draft Framework for Public Consultation [PDF]
- Annex 8: Remediation Protocol for Discrimination, Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Workplace Harassment and Violence: Draft Framework for Public Consultation [PDF]
- Annex 9: Methodology for Measuring Remuneration and Gaps with a Living Wage [PDF]
- Annex 10: Salary Matrix for a Living Wage Gap Analysis [XLSX]
- Annex 11: Guidance on Non-Deforestation Approach [PDF]
The following resources are also relevant to the standard:
Find out more about the Chain of Custody Standard for supply chain actors.
Feedback on First Consultation
After receiving your invaluable feedback in the first consultation round we have worked on implementing this feedback and further improving the standard. See a summary of the key changes made based on your feedback.
We are confident we are further down the road now with this second version of the standard. However, we do very much appreciate your feedback once again to further optimize the standard and the way all issues are addressed. This version of the standard is being published for the second round of external consultation which will be open until August 31st, 2019.
To develop and improve the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard, the Rainforest Alliance seeks input from all our stakeholders. We believe that the Rainforest Alliances’ diversity of stakeholders (with a range of geographic regions with distinct experiences) are instrumental in strengthening the standard.
Alongside the public consultation survey, the Rainforest Alliance will host and facilitate workshops with our stakeholders and representatives.
Read our Q&A, which is designed to accompany the standard consultation and help explain some of the questions you might have related to the topics covered in the standard.
Standard Development Process
If you are interested in how decisions are made for the standard development, please look at our Rainforest Alliance Standard Development Procedure [PDF]. It explains in detail the timelines and the different actors and their responsibilities and includes a separate section on the role and composition of the Rainforest Alliance Standards Committee.