The Rainforest Alliance welcomes feedback from all stakeholders as this information helps inform our continued efforts to improve conditions on farms in the 40+ countries where we work. Your feedback is a vital tool for helping us to improve the program and promote positive change in agriculture.
Please see the various categories below to identify the team that can best respond to your specific question or concern. If you are still unsure of who to contact, please email email@example.com.
Contacting a certification body
Authorized certification bodies have first-hand knowledge of the countries where they operate. Certification bodies address the following inquiries as they relate to the farms and farm groups located in the region they cover:
- The process and cost of getting certified
- Information about a specific certified farm or group
- Questions about a specific auditor, service, or certification decision
- Questions and/or complaints about a certified farm or farmer group with regards to compliance with the Rainforest Alliance certification requirements
Inquiries from farm workers who feel that their employer’s communication and grievance-mechanism processes have failed to address their concernsIf you do not know which certification body carried out a specific certification, enter the name of the certified farm or farm group into our Certificate Search Tool. If you are still unable to determine the certification body, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting the Rainforest Alliance
If you have already contacted the appropriate certification body about certification services, decisions, or auditors but have not gotten a response or are dissatisfied with the response you received, please email the Rainforest Alliance directly at email@example.com. You can also contact us if:
- You have questions about how certification bodies are authorized and/or supervised
- You work for a certified farm, and your problems or questions about working conditions have not been satisfactorily addressed by your employer, worker representatives, and the certification body that audited the farm
- You have already contacted a certification body with your concerns about a particular certified farm’s or farm group’s compliance with any aspect of the standard and certification requirements, and you feel that your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed
Please provide us with the following information: a clear description of the issue; the names of the pertinent certification body, auditors, and/or certified farms or groups; the location of the farm and the crops produced, if applicable; and all supporting evidence, including documents, photographs, videos, and links to webpages. We also ask that you send us your contact information so that we can inform you of the results of our inquiry into the matter. Your name and contact information will be kept strictly confidential.
Questions about the Sustainable Agriculture Standard
If you have questions, feedback, or suggestions about the Sustainable Agriculture Standard, its interpretation and application, and/or our certification requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Products
We appreciate your decision to give us feedback on suspected misuse of the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal or other trademarks, non-compliance with Chain of Custody, or non-compliance with traceability or other policies. The information you provide will be kept strictly confidential and we ask that you give us as much detail as you can, including places, approximate dates, products, or companies you’re concerned about, as well as your name and email address so that we can follow up. However, anonymous complaints are also welcome. Please contact us at RAC@ra.org.