- Session 4.1: Labor rights and Children's rights
- Session 4.2: Wages and Working Hours
- Session 4.3: Living Wage
- Session 4.4: Housing and Basic Needs
- Session 4.5: Occupational Health and Safety (Part 1: Handling of hazardous materials)
- Session 4.6: Occupational Health and Safety (Part 2: General issues)
- Session 4.7: Community Relations
- Leave Your Feedback
The sessions in this unit address Principle 4 of the 2017 Sustainable Agriculture Standard: “Improved Livelihoods and Human Wellbeing.” By following the criteria in this principle, the Sustainable Agriculture Standard intends to protect human and labor rights for farmworkers and their families.
All human beings have equal worth and should be treated as such. The Rainforest Alliance supports the United Nations' Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and workers’ rights are not just recognized by the Sustainable Agriculture Standard, but are protected in national and international law(s). On certified farms, workers’ rights are protected, including essential rights as defined by International Labour Organization's core conventions.