- Session 3.1: Soil Conservation and Management
- Session 3.2: Water Conservation
- Session 3.3: Water Quality
- Session 3.4: Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Session 3.5: Pesticide Management (Part 1)
- Session 3.6: Pesticide Management (Part 2)
- Session 3.7: Waste Management
- Session 3.8: Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
The sessions in this unit address Principle 3 of the 2017 Sustainable Agriculture Standard: “Natural Resource Conservation.” This principle aims to ensure the health of soil and water, as well as reduce pesticide and fossil fuel use.
The careful conservation of natural resources is a foundation of sustainable farming. Minimizing pollution benefits people, pollinators, animals, and much more. The implementation of criteria in this principle support farms in conserving natural resources so that positive impacts, in time, are visible at the landscape level.