The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Associate, Institutional Relations is responsible for collaborating with other members of the Institutional Relations (IR) team, as well as coordinating with finance and program staff, to ensure proper internal review, tracking, and reporting on commitments by institutional donors. He/she implements efficient systems and processes to help ensure high-quality and timely reporting to donors, and is heavily involved in the composition and editing of technical reports for programs in Africa and Asia, as well as Global programs. Additionally, he/she is responsible for providing significant writing support on six- and seven-figure funding proposals due to institutional funders.
- Institutional funding carries with it specific reporting commitments that serve to document program performance and impact. Strong reporting is key to ensure continuous funding to the Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs, as well as to maintain a good reputation as an organization that successfully delivers on commitments. This position is needed to ensure effective stewardship with our institutional funders, helping us gain additional revenue that will result in the Rainforest Alliance’s financial security;
- Six- and seven-figure grants are needed to ensure the financial stability of the Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs. This position will provide much needed support to facilitate the writing and editing of strong proposals for funding by key IR supporters.
- This position helps lead the development of high-quality reports to institutional funders, working closely with the Rainforest Alliance senior program staff, field staff, and finance staff in the process;
- It coordinates with global administration, legal, finance, and program staff to review all grant agreements and ensure proper internal documentation of all grant requirements and pledge payments;
- It also works closely with the Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations, as well as senior program staff, to support the development of proposals to IR donors.
- The position will focus on projects in Africa and Asia, with shared responsibilities for Global programs. For these the Associate will:
- Write and edit reports, concept papers, and proposals for landscape-level programs;
- Input and track reporting requirements for corporate, foundation, and government grants in the Rainforest Alliance’s donor database;
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that financial reporting is consistent with content and timing of technical reporting;
- Coordinate with development colleagues to adjust and implement internal processes that result in strong technical and financial reporting on grants;
- Assist IR colleagues with the writing and editing of donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders;
- Proactively identify new funding sources to help ensure healthy financial pipeline growth for future years.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in institutional fundraising with proven understanding of reporting and internal grants management;
- Must have excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal); additional written fluency in French is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues required;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required; and
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Send CV, cover letter, and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AT. E-mail: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.