The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
Reporting to the Manager, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Associate, Institutional Relations plays a critical role in ensuring timely delivery of high-quality donor reports and provides strategic writing support to proposal development, with an emphasis on the Rainforest Alliance’s work in Latin America and also backstopping Global Programs and the broader IR Team as needed. Collaborating with other members of the IR team, as well as finance and program staff, s/he adapts and implements efficient systems to remind, track, compose, and review reports on institutional donor commitments, and under the direction of the Manager, will deliver targeted writing support on six- and seven-figure institutional funding proposals.
- Institutional funding carries with it specific reporting commitments that serve to document program performance and impact. Strong reporting is key to ensure continuous funding to the Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs, as well as to maintain a good reputation as an organization that successfully delivers on commitments. This position is needed to ensure effective stewardship with our institutional funders, helping us gain additional revenue that will result in the Rainforest Alliance’s financial security;
- Securing six- and seven-figure grants is needed to ensure the financial stability of the Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs. This position will provide much needed support to facilitate the writing and editing of multiple strong proposals for funding by key IR supporters.
- This position helps lead the development of high-quality reports to institutional funders, working closely with the Rainforest Alliance senior program staff, field staff, and finance staff in the process;
- This individual will send reminders, develop work plans, manage appropriate formats, and create and edit content as needed to deliver the final reporting products;
- The Associate coordinates with Global Administration, Legal, Finance, and Program staff to review all grant agreements and ensure proper internal documentation of all grant requirements and pledge payments;
- Under the direction of the Manager, Institutional Relations, the Associate will support the development of large proposals to IR donors for work in Latin America, convening when appropriate go/no-go calls, creating opportunity summaries and supporting the overall proposal development process.
- Write and edit reports, concept papers, and proposals related to institutional donor support for the Rainforest Alliance’s work in Latin America;
- Input and track all reporting requirements for corporate, foundation, and government grants in Latin America or Global Programs as needed in the Rainforest Alliance’s donor database;
- Develop and implement internal processes that result in strong technical and financial reporting on all grants;
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that financial reporting is consistent with content and timing of technical reporting;
- Work in a highly collaborative manner, building the overall capacity of the IR Team and adapting flexibly to the Rainforest Alliance’s dynamic funding and reporting priorities;
- Assist development colleagues with the writing and editing of donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders;
- Proactively identify new funding sources to help ensure healthy financial pipeline growth for future years.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in institutional fundraising with proven understanding of reporting and internal grants management;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English and Spanish;
- Strong knowledge of conservation and sustainable development issues required, experience living or working in Latin America desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to develop project management systems and utilize databases to manage information, reminders, and documents;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; and
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in US will be considered for the position.
Please apply online here. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload