The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and leading the implementation of the communications strategy for LandScale, an exciting new initiative which is in the early stages of development. The LandScale is a collaborative initiative, led by the Rainforest Alliance, Verra and the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance (CCBA), which aims to drive improvements in sustainability performance at a landscape scale. LandScale provides a standardized approach for assessing the state and trajectory of sustainability within a landscape (such as a watershed, eco-region or jurisdiction). This framework can be used by communities, businesses, governments and investors to understand and communicate the cumulative impact of activities within a landscape (including agribusiness, forestry, mining and infrastructure) and demonstrate improvements in sustainability performance at landscape scale. This will enable this information to be taken account of in sourcing and investment decisions, linking market incentives to improved sustainability performance at landscape scale. To ensure that the framework developed is practical and fit for purpose, it is being piloted in landscapes in Ghana, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Peru and Mexico by RA and partner organizations.
- Lead the development and implementation of the LandScale communications strategy, in close collaboration with the LandScale team and global partners. The principal audiences for this strategy are agribusiness, forestry and mining companies; financial institutions; multi-stakeholder landscape initiatives; and sub-national and national governments, both within and sourcing from or investing in target landscapes.
Content and infrastructure development
- Coordinate the development of LandScale communications materials in all relevant forms, including print and online, e.g., website content, social media, newsletters, press releases, bylined articles, white papers, videos, infographics, and any other necessary materials;
- Support the development of presentations, talking points, speeches and other communications materials for external events, outreach and public consultations about LandScale;
- Oversee website development and curation;
- Develop and grow social media channels and mailing lists.
Communicating the LandScale to stakeholders
- Conduct media outreach;
- Support the LandScale partners to be effective in conveying and amplifying key messages related to the LandScale;
- Coordinate LandScale outreach and communications activities across RA, Verra, CCBA, and other LandScale partners;
- Coordinate LandScale presence at key events and assist in preparing team members, including keeping an updated tracker of external events, preparing presentations, and attending meetings, as needed.
Commensurate with experience.
London is the preferred location for this post.
Fixed term to July 2021.