The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. With headquarters in New York City, and offices worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Community Development Coordinator will support the implementation of activities to increase youth participation in ejidos in Calakmul, Campeche, Mexico. He/she will manage relationships with project stakeholders, provide technical support to youth trainings, support the development of experiential learning opportunities for youth participants, and successful evaluation and communication of project results.
- Manage and maintain relationships with ejido leaders and community members involved in the project;
- Meet with local and regional stakeholders to advance youth issues and participation within the region;
- Support the development of experiential learning opportunities for youth participants to receive practical work experience;
- Support training and capacity building initiatives with youth participants including field visit opportunities and training in technical skills;
- Supervise mentorship opportunities for youth participants;
- Coordinate evaluation initiatives, including collecting and analyzing indicator and impact data;
- Coordinate communications initiatives, including gathering photos, information and interviews for articles and social media posts.
- Support in the efficient and effective management of the project and comply with administrative policies and procedures of the organization and project donor; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in natural resource management, environmental science, environmental education or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience working in community projects, including developing community enterprises, capacity building and providing technical support;
- At least 2 years of experience in topics related with sustainable rural development, climate change, environmental education, strategic alliances, and community forestry;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Excellent organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner, proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate with different audiences, including community members, government institutions and other external stakeholders, Fluent in Spanish, written and verbal proficiency in English preferred; and
- Ability to travel locally 70% of the time;
Commensurate with experience.
We believe that all employees, regardless of location or title, should have access to benefits. We strive to provide programs that provide the following:
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family;
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Benefits vary, depending on location. Please talk to your recruiter during your interview about specific benefits for your location.
Only candidates authorized to work Mexico will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.