The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The primary function of the Contracts and Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support and assistance to the entire team. S/he will provide support in planning processes, events, field visits, and making periodic reports to be submitted internally or to donors.
- Provide contractual agreements support, gathering all of the documentation needed according to internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure consultants’ invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements are reviewed for accuracy and proper documentation (fiscal local requirements);
- Manage payments, contracts, and invoices as well as keep records of all supporting documentation regarding USAID project;
- Assist in the compilation of periodic reports, including print, electronic and physical preparation, and delivery;
- Provide administrative support to the entire project team in the coordination of events, workshops, and meetings with donors, partners, and beneficiaries, including participation in events;
- Coordinate logistics for the USAID project: monthly meetings, booking of meeting rooms, coffee breaks, lunch, etc., and take meeting notes;
- Assist in the travel logistics which includes the purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations, and car reservations, including project vehicles and leased vehicles if necessary;
- Support in making contracts and MOUs in accordance with donor requirements and policies of the Rainforest Alliance;
- Coordinate the translation of documents (Spanish to English and English to Spanish);
- Maintain physical and electronic files of USAID project official information; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Secretary High School Diploma with minimum 2 years of college;
- 2 or 3 years of work experience in a similar position, preferable projects funded by USAID;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Experience in organizing and presenting information;
- Ability to track tasks until completion;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Ability to work within a team structure and independently, be creative, take initiative, and be attentive to details;
- Courteous and professional attitude with expertise in providing customer service;
- Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner; and
- With initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail.
Commensurate with experience.
According Mexican law, this position is based in Mexico and is open to applicants of all nationalities. However, we can only consider candidates who have, will get or are eligible for a Mexican work and residency permit.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, E-mail: email@example.com. Use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.