The Coordinator will work as part of the Accounting and Facilities teams within Rainforest Alliance, with a specific focus on the UK operation. Primarily the Coordinator will manage the day-to-day executive of accounting tasks; entry of financial transactions into the local accounting system and preparation of monthly reports to HQ. The Coordinator will also be responsible for compliance administration: managing facilities and vendor contracts; ensuring legal filings are up-to-date and administration of the pension scheme. S/he will support all UK staff in maintaining a safe and functioning working environment and handling staff engagement events.
- Work closely with Regional Accounting Manager (RAM) to ensure the daily/monthly activities of the field transactions related to their country activities are sent on time to HQ.
- Prepare, administer and reconcile payroll for approval, as required.
- Administer petty cash and advances as needed in compliance with Accounting Processes & Procedures
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and petty cash/advance reconciliations and enter the month’s report in the local/corporate accounting system for supervisor review/posting as required and as segregation of duties allows.
- Ensure foreign transactions are translated in accordance with Accounting Processes & Procedures.
- Ensure complete supporting documentation for payment requests received and prepare bank transaction entry for review/release.
- Ensure supervisor and HQ has access to all field office supporting documents online.
- Ensure country requirements are met for tax filings.
- Act as point of contact for bank as delegated by HQ.
- Identify and raise accounting issues to his/her supervisor.
- Administer the corporate card program, review reports in accordance with Processes & Procedures and follow-up with staff on submission of related expense reports.
- Work with the RAM and HQ to assist the Accounting department with month/year-end closes, annual audits, tax filings, and other duties as requested.
Facilities & office administration
- In coordination with the Senior Manager HR, manage UK office space including: lease renewal, office space review; maintain stationary and equipment in coordination with IT; other adjustments based on health & safety requirements;
- Support preparation of annual office budget and reconcile;
- Prepare and update UK specific policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Global Internal Compliance department and in coordination with the legal team as needed to ensure branch/subsidiaries meets all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements;
- Administer UK pension and other benefits as required; and
- Organize staff engagement events.
Commensurate with experience.